The De Portola Middle School Foundation
The De Portola Foundation is a registered non-profit organization whose sole purpose is to raise funds to provide financial assistance and support for academic and extracurricular programs to our students.
It is the generosity of our parents, teachers, staff and community who allow our Foundation to invest in a wide range of enrichment programs which are not otherwise funded and which directly impact student test scores as well as student care and development.
The De Portola Foundation was established in 1996 and is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization.
De Portola Middle School Foundation School Support
In the 2016-2017 school year the Foundation raised over $37,000 through fundraising events and programs to support our students. The Foundation provided funding for several activities and programs to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Agendas/Planners – Foundation purchases all students planners providing each child an opportunity to stay organized throughout the year ($3800)
- Back-to-School Barbeque ($2100)
- Career Fair ($200)
- Grade Level Field Trips ($11,110) – introduced in the 2015-2016 school year was the opportunity provided by the Foundation for each grade level to attend an educational field trip.
- Grade Level Year End events ($3,000)
- Teacher Grants – provided each teacher with the opportunity to purchase classroom supplies ($5690)
- Technology grants – a $6,250 grant was made to the school to purchase Turnitin Software (technology allowing students to submit writing assignments) and access for teachers and students to Brainpop (a learning resource supporting core and supplemental subjects).
- Zero Period ($10,860) - To allow students the unique opportunity to take Band, ASB or Yearbook in conjunction with a second elective in 7th and 8th grades the Foundation provides funding for zero period P.E.